After Empire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It has been 2000 years since the Galactic Empire fell. The planet Meka, an old border world colonized on the edge of controlled space, has had no outside contact since the collapse, and tumbled into Dark Ages. This is: AFTER EMPIRE.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Western Meka - Old Slagtown Neighborhood

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jakob Sokolov
Admin
Jakob Sokolov

Western Meka - Old Slagtown Neighborhood  Empty
PostSubject: Western Meka - Old Slagtown Neighborhood    Western Meka - Old Slagtown Neighborhood  EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 6:45 pm

Ekon Cadman looked down at the small government contract paper, which outline what he could and could not do. It was very important he followed it to the letter - it could mean the difference between a paycheck and jailtime. He knew why- Portland had been very reluctant to follow its neighbor's examples of letting contractors do police work, but the demand was too high and they caved.
The paper read,

"Ekon Cadman, Sergent in the Portland Royal Police Force [Mekan Department (Retired)],
We we pay you a sum of 1200 credits if you meet the following requirements:
A) Located the Slag-Kings gang hideout and relay the location to the MRPF (Mekan Royal Police Force)
B) Eliminate the key gang members, their leader, Jaruk, and his two lieutenants, 'Hawk' and DeVires. 100 Cr. for additional confirmed gang kills.
C) No civilian causalities, directly or indirectly. An civilian deaths will result in the suspension of you Mekan Mercenary license.

Meet an officer at Slagtown Police Department Station when the job is complete for payment."

A standard Portland government contract. I've heard the opportunities are better in Abstergia and Odessa, if the rivals don't kill you first.
He sighed, folded the paper, and slipped it into his pocket. He has zeroed the location of the gang down to three two story buildings across the street. He was on the second floor of a cafe, watching them. It was 3:00 in the afternoon, he had plenty of time to find them, and possibly get paid today.
Lets get to work.
Back to top Go down
https://afterempire.rpg-board.net
Ekon Cadman

Ekon Cadman

PostSubject: Re: Western Meka - Old Slagtown Neighborhood    Western Meka - Old Slagtown Neighborhood  EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 12:09 am

Ok. So find their base. Infiltrate it. Kill the leaders. And no one gets hurt. Great.
Ekon looked around for any of the gansters, trying to see if he pick one out and follow him.
Back to top Go down
Jakob Sokolov
Admin
Jakob Sokolov

PostSubject: Re: Western Meka - Old Slagtown Neighborhood    Western Meka - Old Slagtown Neighborhood  EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 12:22 pm

The buildings across the way were fairly nondescript and similar to each other. Small, cheap cars rolled down the street, interspersed with wagons and horses. The building on the left had a small kitchen on the bottom floor, and probably a bedroom on the second.
The one in the middle was a pawn shop, again with probably some sort of living quarters for the shopkeeper above it.
The final building on the right was an old, run down bakert
Despite a single man, leaning on the side exit door to the pawn shop, there was no one in the alleys around the buildings.
Back to top Go down
Ekon Cadman

Ekon Cadman

PostSubject: Re: Western Meka - Old Slagtown Neighborhood    Western Meka - Old Slagtown Neighborhood  EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 12:54 pm

Ekon left his viewing station and walked over to the pawn shop. He walked across the street, watching for traffic, and into the pawn shop. He looked around, waiting until it was just him and the owner in the shop, then approached him.
"Do you know how I could get ahold of the Slag-Kings? I have a buisness proposition I would like to present to them."
Back to top Go down
Jakob Sokolov
Admin
Jakob Sokolov

PostSubject: Re: Western Meka - Old Slagtown Neighborhood    Western Meka - Old Slagtown Neighborhood  EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 7:40 pm

The man took a step back, shocked, which quickly turned to anger.
"Keep your goddamn voice down, will ya? Jezus, what if an informant was in the room. You're lucky I don't tell Jaruk or he'd cut your tongue out on the spot. If you're interested, be back at 6 PM tonight, and keep a better seal on those lips, and maybe you can deal."
The man then waved him off, shaking his head.
At least I'm in. Ekon thought.
Back to top Go down
Ekon Cadman

Ekon Cadman

PostSubject: Re: Western Meka - Old Slagtown Neighborhood    Western Meka - Old Slagtown Neighborhood  EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 9:40 pm

Ekon mieandered around the area making sure he wasnt followed, got a drink at the cafe, and went to see his friend Adrian Relof, an arms dealer.
"Hey, I need a couple of high calliber pistols, an high grade armor vest, and a satchel. You will get your items back. If not, I'll pay the difference."
Back to top Go down
Jakob Sokolov
Admin
Jakob Sokolov

PostSubject: Re: Western Meka - Old Slagtown Neighborhood    Western Meka - Old Slagtown Neighborhood  EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 9:44 pm

"Heavy weapons, on loan? You ask alot. If you weren't a contractor, they'd have my shirt. Look, I can lease everything to you, for say 500 credits. 12 hours. And if anything's scratched or toasted, you pay for it, store price." He said as he put the items on the table.
"One mag per gun, on the house. Just cause I owe you. Deal?"
Back to top Go down
Ekon Cadman

Ekon Cadman

PostSubject: Re: Western Meka - Old Slagtown Neighborhood    Western Meka - Old Slagtown Neighborhood  EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 9:49 pm

He stared at the equipment for a while calculating.
"Common man, we've known each other for a while now and I've always brought back the goods safe. 500 credits is a bit much, but I know your a buisness man and don't like taking risks. How about 400?"
Back to top Go down
Jakob Sokolov
Admin
Jakob Sokolov

PostSubject: Re: Western Meka - Old Slagtown Neighborhood    Western Meka - Old Slagtown Neighborhood  EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 11:20 pm

Adrian glared at him for a second and said,
"450, knowing how you go through bullets."
Back to top Go down
Ekon Cadman

Ekon Cadman

PostSubject: Re: Western Meka - Old Slagtown Neighborhood    Western Meka - Old Slagtown Neighborhood  EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 11:37 pm

"Ok, deal." Ekon handed the money to him.
He put one of the guns in his belt and the other in the satchel with the vest. Then he left and walked back to the cafe he was orriginally at and scouted the pawn shop, looking for people going in and out until right befor six, then he left the cafe and entered the pawn shop with the satchel.
Back to top Go down
Jakob Sokolov
Admin
Jakob Sokolov

PostSubject: Re: Western Meka - Old Slagtown Neighborhood    Western Meka - Old Slagtown Neighborhood  EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 4:30 pm

Despite a few shady looking figures, the only person Ekon managed to positively ID entering the pawn shop was DeVires. The police had estimated that there were around 12 gang members total, but they probably wouldn't be there at the same time.
Ekon casually entered the Pawn shop and the man behind the desk quickly took notice of him.
"What can I do for you?" He said sternly to Cadman, the storeowner's head gesturing to a shady looking man looking through the merchandise in the back of the store.
Play cool.
Back to top Go down
Ekon Cadman

Ekon Cadman

PostSubject: Re: Western Meka - Old Slagtown Neighborhood    Western Meka - Old Slagtown Neighborhood  EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 1:07 am

"My name is Saltar Hunter. I deal in high grade weapons and armor" putting the satchel on the counter, "and I am looking for a buyer and I heard this might be a good place to make a little buisness trade."
Back to top Go down
Jakob Sokolov
Admin
Jakob Sokolov

PostSubject: Re: Western Meka - Old Slagtown Neighborhood    Western Meka - Old Slagtown Neighborhood  EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 11:03 am

"Well, this is a Pawn Shop, and as you know its illegal to sell arms like that straight up. I have some friends that might help, however. Go around back, I'll meet you there." He said, nodding to the other man in the room again and mouthing informant.
Back to top Go down
Ekon Cadman

Ekon Cadman

PostSubject: Re: Western Meka - Old Slagtown Neighborhood    Western Meka - Old Slagtown Neighborhood  EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 1:05 am

Ekon knew there might be a trap, but he decided to keep his cool. He checked his gun, sword, and armor, making sure everything was in place as he went to the back.
Back to top Go down
Jakob Sokolov
Admin
Jakob Sokolov

PostSubject: Re: Western Meka - Old Slagtown Neighborhood    Western Meka - Old Slagtown Neighborhood  EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 8:25 pm

Ekon waited for a moment, before the pawn shop owner came around. They were alone in the Alleyway. He said,
"Boy that was close. Okay, through here. Tell Jaruk I, Kell, gave you the okay. He's at the top of the stars at the room across the hall." He then turned away from Ekon, pulled out the keys, and started to fiddle with the lock.
Back to top Go down
Ekon Cadman

Ekon Cadman

PostSubject: Re: Western Meka - Old Slagtown Neighborhood    Western Meka - Old Slagtown Neighborhood  EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 6:27 pm

Ekon walked across the hall and up the stairs. He knocked on the door and said, "Jaruk, open up, Kell sent me."
Back to top Go down
Jakob Sokolov
Admin
Jakob Sokolov

PostSubject: Re: Western Meka - Old Slagtown Neighborhood    Western Meka - Old Slagtown Neighborhood  EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 10:13 pm

A man armed with an assault rifle opened the door, and motioned to a man Ekon assumed to be Jaruk. He was looking through the blinds of a window into the afternoon sun. There were 5 people in the room. He recognized the two lieutenants from photographs. DeVires was sitting in a chair directly to Ekon's right, and Hawk was standing to Jaruks left. Both were armed with handguns and machetes. The other two he didn't recognize, but he assumed they were standard gangsters.

"Alright then, let's talk business. What are you offering?" He said, starting to turn around.
Back to top Go down
Ekon Cadman

Ekon Cadman

PostSubject: Re: Western Meka - Old Slagtown Neighborhood    Western Meka - Old Slagtown Neighborhood  EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 12:52 pm

"My name is Saltar Hunter and I deal in high grade weapons and armor. Anything that goes boom, bang, or helps people kill each other, I got and am looking for a buyer."
Ekon pulled out his satchel and placed it infront of Jaruk. He pulled out the high caliber pistol and the vest and showed them to him.
"This is just a sample of what I have, count it as a little peep show. The pistol goes for 500 and the vest goes for 650. What do you think?"
Back to top Go down
Jakob Sokolov
Admin
Jakob Sokolov

PostSubject: Re: Western Meka - Old Slagtown Neighborhood    Western Meka - Old Slagtown Neighborhood  EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 10:25 am

Jaruk, masking what he thought, said,
"How many units do you have available? What is the shipment wait time?"
Back to top Go down
Ekon Cadman

Ekon Cadman

PostSubject: Re: Western Meka - Old Slagtown Neighborhood    Western Meka - Old Slagtown Neighborhood  EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 10:15 pm

"I have a couple more pistols and vests on hand, but if you want bigger and better, I will have to put in an order with some of my powerful arms dealer buddies. If you want the pistols and vests, I can get them to you within 36 hours. If you want bigger and better, depending on the how much the local governments don't want people to get ahold of the weapons, it will be anywhere from 4 days to a week and a half."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Western Meka - Old Slagtown Neighborhood    Western Meka - Old Slagtown Neighborhood  Empty

Back to top Go down

Western Meka - Old Slagtown Neighborhood
Page 1 of 1